Xiaomi Redmi 8 TWRP: Now, Xiaomi Redmi 8 has official TWRP support and you can also install it on your phone. With Xiaomi, the brand has a very large customer base. This combination makes for great system mods that quickly after launch. Xiaomi Redmi 8 has that, loads of mods and it can be flashed and tested on the phone alongside root. If you have just bought your Redmi 8 and want to modify it as well, then just read our Redmi 8 TWRP custom recovery installation guide.
Currently, Redmi 8 runs MIUI 11 based on Android Pie. However, if we move ahead, we see Android 10 launched for the phone, owners can enjoy testing out Android 10 custom ROMs via TWRP custom recovery. Also, if you wish to run root apps and root mods, you can also flash the latest root package then you have successfully booted TWRP on Redmi 8. It includes all the steps needed for installation along with a fast download link to the latest official TWRP custom recovery package.
All the tools, mods or ROMs (mentioned below) belong to their respective owners. Remember we are not responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have force you on gunpoint to try this. 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
Xiaomi Redmi 8 USB Drivers
Just connect your Android phone with the PC. Always remember you have installed the USB drivers properly. If not, you can install and download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download Xiaomi Redmi 8 USB drivers!
Install Xiaomi Redmi 8 TWRP Custom Recovery
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Redmi 8.
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and clicking on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data while installing a custom recovery it might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any interruption.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Firstly, download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install it.
Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your PC. Also, you can download it from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere on your PC.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-latest-linux.zip
Now connect your Redmi 8 to PC via USB cable.
Download TWRP (twrp-3.3.1-0-olive.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files in step 1.
Now navigate to the same directory where you’ve Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt and for Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.
Then enter the following command and hit Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
Now, wait for your phone to boot into bootloader mode. You can boot your phone in bootloader mode by tapping and holding Volume Up + Power key at the same time.
Once your phone is in bootloader mode, enter the following command and press Enter key.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-olive.img
Once recovery flashed, enter the following command. But once the phone is power-offs, press and hold the Power button+Volume Up button at the same time so that the phone boots into TWRP and it patches itself. Otherwise, you would have to flash TWRP again.
That’s it! All done! The TWRP recovery is now installed on your Xiaomi Redmi 8. You can enter Recovery Mode by tapping and holding the Volume Down + Power keys together.
Backup and Other Important Tips
Before we move further here are the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important because we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data for your safety and ease. Always remember to make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong.
Xiaomi users can also back up data using Xiaomi Mi PC Suite to your PC. It helps you to move data across different Android devices i.e moving Xiaomi Mi 5 backup data to Samsung Galaxy S8.
If you already have a custom recovery installed on your phone, we recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
Oher optional tips that you should remember:
- If you face any problems connecting your Android phone to the PC. Then you need to enable USB debugging mode for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat.
- Don’t forget to charge your device up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you to check the battery percentage. In case if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods, etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you have any queries or questions or you are facing issues then let us know in the comment section below!
Also Read: Root Samsung Galaxy A50s without PC