Adobe has been #1 in the industry and it offers various creative tools, such as a well-known video editor and creative developer- Adobe Premiere Pro, which is often used and preferred by professionals and video creators across the globe.
Nowadays, plenty of other video editor software for Windows and Mac competes with Adobe Premiere in the creative industry by trying to present more innovative, encouraging, friendly to use, and powerful editing tools. Many companies are promoting their apps by making them much easier to use or applying an affordable subscription charge compared to Adobe Premiere Pro. While stepping forward in the digital content creation platform, one will have many options other than Adobe.
Part 1: Top 5 Video Editor as Adobe Alternative
1. Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is an easy-to-use video editing software for Windows and Mac that encourages and empowers anyone to edit a video easily. It has a pleasing interface for standard trimming and transitions process and lots of effects and overlays with transition, filter, title, and text tools. It is an easy-to-use software and has easy learning curve than other alternatives. Filmora undoubtedly stands as the best video editor for PC. A free trial version is available for Windows, Mac & iPad and allows one to export footage only ten times, with a watermark. If you are already ready to pay for a subscription, users can pay $ 49.99 for an annual license and $ 79.99 for a perpetual license- a one-time payment.
- New Plug-ins & Filmstock
- New plug-ins like Open FX- Boris FX and NewBlue FX allow users to get access to tons of cool effects, BCC Lights, BCC Particle, BCC Stylize, etc., and Titler Pro, Video Stylizer, Video Elements, Video Filters, and Video Essentials. Moreover, Filmstock is a one-stop effects shop. It includes stock footage, video effects, photos, filters, text–title effects, and royalty-free sound effects.
- Speed ramping
- Speed ramp is the gradual increase in acceleration and deceleration in video footage. Filmora ensures a fluent shift between two different speeds. While creating a cinematic effect, this procedure plays a vital function in adjusting the speed of the video.
- AI Portrait
- It can remove the background easily by just dragging and clicking. This consists of a “human segmentation” feature that removes the background of humans without using the chroma key from the video. The AI Portrait has 70+ effects and various stickers, which attract the most.
- Instant Mode
- No skills are required to use the instant mode or pre-set video templates in the video.
Price: Free trial version, $49.99 USD/ Annual Plan; $79.99 USD/ Perpetual Plan
It is a pre-installed video editing app that Apple Inc develops. This application is for iOS devices. iMovie is a no-cost video editing app. It’s easy to use from the start to the final point. One has to add the video clip that needs to be edited, then add titles, music, and effects. It syncs with 4k video resolution for spectacular video-quality films. It makes the video look professionally edited even after not editing it. Slowing down the action shots or scenes makes the edit look more exciting.
iMovie has 13 creative video filters and more than 100 soundtracks. Using green screen effects, one can locate themselves in exceptional places only with a few clicks. It is among the most dependable free video editing software with support for all the Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- Super easy to share projects between iOS devices
- You can edit videos on your iPhone and then use AirDrop or iCloud Drive to transfer the projects wirelessly.
- Multiple export options
- IMovie allows users to save videos on the local device or send the video via mail or Messages for an instant reaction, or you can upload the video directly to social media platform like YouTube in 4K resolution.
- Works perfectly on iPad Pro
- Use the Magic Keyboard for iPad with trackpad support for an extra level of speed and precision when editing.
3. Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is software developed by Macromedia Inc. and later by Apple Inc. It is a series of nonlinear video editing software. It uses prevailing machine learning techniques to sense faces and objects and sync the changes with titles and special effects.
Final cut pro allows focusing on the depth of the field on captured clips. Video developers and makers can work up to 8k ProRes video quality and manage real-time and cutting-edge editing and color corrections. The Final cut pro offers get 90 days of a free trial of its latest version.
- Advanced color grading
- With a super powerful automatic color correction function, Final Cut Pro can automatically analyze the color of improved videos and figure out a quick fix to get color grading done easily.
- Duplicate Detection
- Quickly display any audio or video that appears more than once in your project with highlighted clip ranges in the timeline.
Open the 360° viewer to visualize a headset view of your footage, and take advantage of simple tools for changing orientation, straightening the horizon, and more.
Price: $299.99 USD
Also read: How to Repair a Corrupted 3GP File
4. Davinci Resolve
It is probably the only way out video editor that contains all the features in one place. It offers editing videos, adding visual effects, audio post-production, and many other features in a single software. Da Vinci systems created DaVinci Resolve, but now Blackmagic Design has made this editor. The video editing application is for macOS, Windows, and Linux.
The software comes with free and studio access grants. The free access provides limited features, and the studio access to the software offers a complete video suite. It is a promising video editor for Windows users.
- Automatically Trim and Tighten
- This smart trim tool automatically switches between ripple, roll, slip, and slide based on the location of the mouse pointer.
- Blackmagic Cloud & Intelligent Media Management
- The latest version supports Blackmagic Cloud, with which you can host your projects in the cloud and then share/edit it with your partners at any place in the world. The intelligent media management allows you to quickly link media to your file path.
Price: $295 USD
5. Cyberlink Powerdirector
Cyberlink Powerdirector provides the best and most dependable editing tools with a spontaneous workflow. It helps to create new efficient effects with an updated user interface and regularly updating resource libraries.
It works comprehensibly to combine edited pictures, graphics, and animated images. One can save time and communicate with clarity by ready-to-use motion graphic titles, take creative control of one’s content, add a color splash effect to the edited videos, and expand one’s effect collections with striking transitions. One can create a flawless soundtrack by accessing a wide range of music and sounds. The prevailing software that refreshes or braces up the projects are spontaneous motion tracking and much more.
Audio Editing: Simply drag and drop audio into the timeline to start editing it, and add transitions and effects with the appropriate tool options from the toolbar.
Color Match: It can match the colors and tonal values on a selected video/image with another easily.
Price: Original – $69.99 and the current price is $48.99 USD
More from us: The Best Productivity iOS Apps One Can Look for in the Market
Purchasing subscriptions to video editing software is a long time investment that will help to increase one’s video quality. Video editing skills won’t get better overnight. Because most of the applications would provide possibilities that cannot be utilized properly if one does not have proper skills. If one is still confused in deciding which one is good to go for, then the strongly recommended Windows video editor is Filmora. Because it is easy to use, strongly recommended for beginners, has a good interface, and is free of cost.