Do you ever plan on sending a message at a certain time but end up forgetting? The iPhone, fortunately, includes a function that lets you send texts at a later time. Scheduling a text message on an iPhone is an easy and efficient method to keep on top of your communication game, whether you’re trying to send a birthday greeting or a friendly reminder. You may schedule an iPhone text message with the help of this article.
Can I Send a Scheduled text on iPhone?
Scheduled text messages may be sent from an iPhone using either Apple’s native “Messages” app or third-party software. When you need to contact someone at a given moment but can’t be there yourself, this tool comes in handy. The iPhone will automatically send the planned text message at the appointed time, regardless of how far in the future you make the appointment. Only the newest iPhones and iOS versions have this capability.
How to Schedule Text on iPhone?
Are you forgetting to send an important text message to someone? You can now schedule text messages on your iPhone using the Shortcuts app. Here’s how:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Choose the Automation tab at the bottom of the page.
- If you haven’t created automation before, tap Create Personal Automation. If you have, tap the + in the upper right corner and then tap Create Personal Automation.
- Select the Time of Day option and adjust the time for when you want to send the message. Tap Next when you have finished.
- On the next screen, tap Add Action, select a contact from the Send Message section, and tap Next.
- In the Message field, type the message you want to send, and then tap Next.
- Review the New Automation to ensure it has the correct details. Pay attention to the Ask Before Running option, which is by default On. If you want the automation to run automatically without any input from you, toggle it off.
- Tap Done, and the automation will set to run according to the settings you chose above.
How to Schedule Text Message on iPhone using a third-party app?
Sending a delayed text message can be useful for various reasons, such as scheduling birthday wishes, reminders, or even professional messages. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to send a delayed text on an iPhone using the experienced third-party app, “Scheduled – Schedule your Texts.”
- Download and install the “Scheduled – Schedule your Texts” app from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the app and tap the “+” icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Message” option to compose a new text message.
- Type the message you want to send in the text field and select the recipient(s) from your contacts.
- Tap on the “Schedule” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the date and time you want the message to be sent.
- Once you’ve set the date and time, tap on “Schedule” again to confirm the delay.
- Your message will now schedule and save in the app’s queue.
- To edit or delete the scheduled message, simply tap on it from the queue and select the appropriate action.
- The app will send the scheduled message at the specified time, even if the app is not open or running in the background.
Delete or Disable Delayed Text Messages on iPhone | Schedule Text Message on iPhone
If you’ve scheduled a text message on your iPhone using a third-party app or a built-in feature, and you want to delete or disable it, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Find the scheduled message that you want to delete or disable and tap and hold on it.
- In the pop-up menu, select “Delete” to remove the message completely, or “Edit” to change the message’s content or scheduled time.
- If you choose to edit the message, make the necessary changes and then tap “Save” to update the scheduled message.
- If you want to disable the scheduled message temporarily, you can swipe left on it to reveal the “More” option, and then tap it.
- From the options that appear, tap “Cancel Sending” to stop the message from being sent at the scheduled time.
- If you want to permanently delete the scheduled message, you can also do so from the “More” options by tapping “Delete”.
- Confirm your choice by tapping “Delete Message” when prompted.
- How to Print from iPhone Directly, With or Without AirPrint
- A Complete Guide to Use Emergency SOS on iPhone
Scheduled text messages on the iPhone are a terrific way to keep on top of your communication and maintain order. Schedule automated message dispatch for a future time and date using the built-in Shortcuts app. Scheduled text messages may be further personalized and enhanced with the help of a number of third-party applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use the Shortcuts app to create an automation that sends a message to multiple contacts at once.
Yes, you can manually enter a phone number or email address to send a message to someone who isn’t in your contacts.
Yes, using the Shortcuts app, you can set up an automation to send a recurring message at the same time and date each month.
Yes, you can either delete the automation or turn it off before the scheduled message is sent.
Yes, popular third-party apps like Scheduled, Text Timer, and Do It Later offer features like the ability to schedule messages with attachments, schedule recurring messages, and more.