Guided Access is a great feature that allows you to lock your device into a single app, but it can be frustrating when it doesn’t work as expected. Fortunately, there are some easy solutions to get your device out of guided access mode and back to normal. In this article, we will guide you through some simple steps to troubleshoot and fix the Guided Access not working issue. Let’s dive in and get your device back to full functionality!
Ways to Fix Guided Access Not Working Error
When Guided Access stops working, it can be frustrating and even stressful, especially if you rely on it for specific tasks or to keep your device secure. Fortunately, there are several easy solutions to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Review Your Guided Access Settings
If you’re facing the Guided Access not working error on your iOS device, the first step to troubleshooting the issue is to review your Guided Access settings. Here’s how you can do it:
- Firstly, open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on Accessibility and then Guided Access.
- If guided access is not on, toggle the switch to turn it on.
- Scroll down and make sure to turn off the Time Limits option.
- Lastly, make sure to enable the Accessibility Shortcut option.
Delete the Kiosk Policy to Fix the Guided Access Not Working Error
If you’re experiencing issues with Guided Access not working, it could be due to the Kiosk Policy settings. Deleting the policy can help fix the issue. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Open the “Settings” app on your device and go to “General.”
- Scroll down and select “Device Management.”
- Find the Kiosk Policy profile and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Profile” and enter your device passcode when prompted.
- Confirm that you want to delete the profile by tapping “Delete.”
Update Your IOS Device
If your Guided Access is not working, updating your IOS device may help.
How to do this?
- Firstly, go to your IOS device’s Settings.
- Tap General, then Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
- Finally, wait for the update to download and install.
Force Restart Your iPhone to Fix Guided Access Not Working Error
If you are facing issues with Guided Access on your iPhone, one solution you can try is to force restart your device. This can help resolve any software glitches causing the error.
- Firstly, press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button afterward and wait for your device to restart.
- Once the device has restarted, check if Guided Access is now working correctly.
If you are experiencing the Guided Access not working error on your iOS device, one potential solution is to adjust your Accessibility settings. By enabling certain features, such as AssistiveTouch or VoiceOver, you may be able to resolve the issue and successfully use Guided Access. Additionally, adjusting other settings, such as the Zoom feature or Bold Text, may also help. Be sure to review and experiment with these options to see if they can fix the Guided Access issue on your device.
Reasons Why Guided Access Not Working Error Occurs?
There are several reasons why Guided Access may not work properly on your iOS device. Here are some of the common causes:
- Outdated iOS version:
If your device is running an older version of iOS, Guided Access may not work as expected. It is recommended to update to the latest version of iOS to ensure that all features are functioning properly.
- Kiosk Mode Enabled:
If your device is set to Kiosk mode, Guided Access may not work. Kiosk mode is a feature that allows you to restrict access to specific apps, but it may conflict with Guided Access.
- Incorrect settings:
If the Guided Access settings are not properly configured, it may cause issues. It is important to ensure that the settings are correctly set up to allow Guided Access to work correctly.
- Hardware issues:
If there are hardware issues with your device, such as a faulty home button, Guided Access may not work properly.
- Software conflicts:
If there are conflicts with other software on your device, such as a third-party app, it may interfere with Guided Access.
More articles from us:
In conclusion, Guided Access not working can be frustrating, but there are several easy solutions to fix the issue. Some of the common reasons why Guided Access may not work as expected include outdated iOS version, Kiosk mode enabled, incorrect settings, hardware issues, and software conflicts. See the above methods to resolve this error.
Frequently Asked Questions
Guided Access is a feature that allows you to lock your iOS device into a single app, making it an important tool for keeping your device secure
You can check the Guided Access in the Settings app, by tapping on Accessibility, and then Guided Access. If it is enabled, the toggle switch will be green.
If the above solutions do not fix the issue, you may need to contact Apple support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance.
No, updating your iOS device should not erase your data, but it is always a good idea to back up your device before updating it to ensure that your data is safe.